Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Pictures

Brian and I decided that we wanted to create cards to give out at the rummage sale so that people would know about our blog.  We thought it would be cool to have pictures made before we get our child and after too.  I also wanted some good pictures for some albums we plan to send to him as soon as we are allowed to have contact with him.  At first I thought we would just get one of our friends to take some candid shots of us and then I remembered that one of our friends was a professional photographer!  So we asked our friend Kellie if she would take some pictures of us and she happily agreed.  We warned her that we were really awkward!!  We went to a park and then she suggested we go to get ice cream.  As soon as she showed me the picture that is on our card and our blog, I knew that was it.  It also helped inspire the name of our blog.  We wanted something fairly easy to remember.  Kellie will always have a place in our adoption story, not just because she took these amazing pictures, but also because of a selfless act she and my friend Meagan did.  Kellie and Meagan found out that they were both pregnant and were due around the same time.  For Kellie this was her second girl and for Meagan this was her third.  Instead of having a shower at church where people brought them gifts, they asked if people would bring the money they would spend on a gift for them and donate it to our adoption fund!  Wow!!  I'm so blessed by all these wonderful people in my life.  Below are some pictures from our photo shoot.  If you live in the Memphis area, please look Kellie up at www.kellieconlonphotography.com.  You can see more of our pictures on her blog.




Thanks Kellie!!!  Can't wait for our next shoot!
Katie
P.S. - I will have a few more posts coming soon.  I just haven't had a lot of time to get all of my thoughts on paper.  Stay tuned!

1 comment: