Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Prints

So we FINALLY went to get our fingerprints made on Monday.  It was hard for me to sleep on Sunday night because I was so ready to go and get it done!  I was driving to the office Monday morning in the pouring rain.  My knuckles were white because I was holding on to the steering wheel so tightly.  I was scared that something would happen and I wouldn't make it there on time.  Then I started thinking about all the flooding that has been going on in Memphis.  I started singing "the rains came down and the flood came up".  Love that song!  The best part "the house on the rock stood FIRM!"  I thanked God that I could stand firm and rest in Him.  I had no control over what might prevent me from getting to the office on time.  It was all in God's hands just like it always has been. 


So we got to the office and went through security.  Then we waited in this big waiting room full of chairs.  Foreigners started coming in and taking seats.  We sat in silence and waited for our names to be called.  I started thinking about how this could be the first of many times we are waiting for some type of approval in a government office.  I can handle it!  This was a nice office, but I know they all won't be like that.  Then I started thinking about how the next time we do something like this we might have a little 4 year old sitting between us.  What will we need to keep him occupied?  Will he be scared?  Will he want to sit in my lap?  So many questions, but they all made me happy.


The lady who made our prints was super nice.  She took our prints and sent them (electronically) off.  Now we are just waiting some more!  One great thing that has happened is that a policy was changed in our favor.  Usually the agency he is with won't look at our home study until after we have been approved by immigration.  Well they changed this and decided it was OK to look at our home study while we are waiting approval so that they will be ready to approve us right after we get it!  What a great idea!!!!  Every day I find myself praying and begging that it is the day we will find out for sure.

                                     

I almost had a panic attack this weekend.  I started thinking that this might not happen.  That this boy wouldn't be mine.  Again I had to hold on to my rock and trust that He will take care of it all.  I think I started panicking because I bought bedding!!  I have purchased some clothes and some toys, but buying the bedding really made it all real.  I have started envisioning his room and him in it.  The fact that this might not happen scares me to death.  But I will continue to hold on to the Rock.  I will cast all my cares on Him.  My faith is strong because of all we have been through and I thank God for all the things He has shown me during this process.
                                     

                                     

I ask that you pray that I will get this child and if I don't that God will continue to bless us and show us what we should do. 
Thanks for reading!
Katie

2 comments:

  1. Waiting for an answer can be really hard. Especially when it's one this big. Sometimes hours seem like days. God's timing is good, as you know.

    Praying every day,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has certainly grown you and prepared you "for such a time as this"! I am so proud of the godly woman you've become. Understanding God's sovereignty is critical, especially during times like this. He does all things for His glory and our good and it always serves to make us more like Him! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete