Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Welcome to Jonah's Room






It took me a while to decide exactly what I wanted to do in here.  The furniture completely came together on its own.  The bed is from our dear friends Barbara and Jim.  Both of their kids used it (it is actually part of a bunk bed) and we are very close to their kids.  So I'm pretty attached to the bed.  The chest is from a friend who is working in another country for the next year and every time I go into his room I remember to pray for her.  I grew up with that rocking chair.  I used to rock myself to sleep in it.  I would stick my feet out of the back and pump my legs to rock it.  Then I would fall asleep facing backwards in it.  I got the bedside table (and actually the quilt, sheets, and curtains) at the Pottery Barn Outlet...my favorite store.  We don't have anything on the wall because we want to see exactly what he is into when he gets here.  We will add a few more things (like lamps and some shelves) at some point.  There is already a lot of love in here!  Brian and I just stood in there last night and tried to imagine him in there.  It is all real now and I'm pretty emotional.

Working on the scrapbook we are going to send to him now.

Katie

1 comment: